Monday, May 5, 2014

Not sure what day it is . . .

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . I get it . . . I wouldn't want to follow my blog either but I beg you to stay with me, at least for a little while longer.  I get it . . . I have NO consistency!  My grandmother would have said it like this, "you don't have a consistent bone in your body, child."  And she would be correct.  God rest her soul.  This is not because I don't want to be consistent because I really do. In my head I want to be a lot of things but some how what's in my head doesn't always make it in to action.

I started this blog with the intention of telling the world about my adventure of cutting sugar out of my diet and what I learned from doing so.  Ha!  The most meaningful thing I have "learned" or I should say "re-learned" so far is that whenever I tell myself "no" or "don't do that", that the first thing I do is that which I don't want to do.  (Insert really really sad face here!)  As I sat thinking about this tonight, I remembered that I would use reverse psychology every now and then on my children and most times it was very successful.  (Yes, my children who are now grown know I did this.  I am also certain that they will use this tactic on their children . . . if they ever have any!)  As I look back over the past month at my lack of control and my health issues (minor as they may be), I think I should try a little reverse psychology on myself.  So, how much sugar can I eat this week???  Should this question encourage me to get my lazy butt up off the couch and go throw out the Captain Crunch, the few remaining sprees and caramel cremes I have????  Stop!  Don't say it!  I don't want to hear it!  I know where the trash can is at and I will eventually make it there I'm just not sure their will be anything to put in the trash can by the time I get there!

I am certain that if my blog had any sort of significant following, I would be inundated with comments ranging from incredibly mean to over the moon encouraging sentiments.  I'm really not sure which I would rather have.  For now, I will be grateful that I don't have to deal with haters and I will attempt to encourage myself.

I did want you to know that I stopped and researched some blogs on "reverse psychology" as I was writing this blog tonight.  I do think that this thought process might have some effect on my psyche.  We shall see.

To all those out there that have no "addiction to sugar" COUNT YOUR DAMN BLESSINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment