Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 2 - The hard lessons of today . . .

Let's just say that today has been interesting.  Here are the main issues:

1.  Keeping the kitchen a "NO SUGAR" zone.
2.  What the crap do I do with myself when I'm having a "SUGAR CRAVING".

I read a great website blog today and they made a comment that you need to find the foods "that love you back".  Hmmm, this will take a little thought.  I guess I really need to analyze each day and what I've eaten and how it made me feel.  As I look back over the last two days, I really believe that I need to add a multi-vitamin.  I really thought that I was getting more of my vitamins than I am.  I never seem to get enough Vitamin A or B.

Interesting time today - I had a really bad sugar craving.  I opted for a granny smith apple and one tablespoon of NaturAlmond Butter.  Believe it or not but the apple has 6 g of naturally occurring sugar.  WOW!  Going to have to watch my fruit intake.  I did get a headache today when I had the sugar crazing.  I know all the best people say do things in stages but that just doesn't work for me.  I will have to learn to eat as soon as the headache starts.  Apparently (from what I've read) the headache comes from an insulin spike.  Hmmm, will have to figure out how to keep this from happening.

I did make chicken salad with one tablespoon of sweet pickle relish.  It only contains 2 g of sugar in 1 tablespoon so that will have to be my "cheat" for this weekend.  I'll save this for Sunday evening or maybe Monday's lunch.  :)

So I bought a popcorn popper today so I can have a quick low calorie snack.  I also bought a water pitcher with a built in filter.  I don't know why it took me so long to buy one of these.  I've been very "ungreen" as I have been buying bottles or gallons of water.  Well there will be no more bottles!!  YAY!!

Well I had a weak moment after supper.  :(  I tried but I just needed a bite of something so I scoured the frig and found a package of semi sweet chocolate chips. I had 2 itty bitty chips.  This did the trick!  I completed my day with 13 g of sugar.  2 more than yesterday.  Oh well, I'm am WAY below my usual amount.

I do hope this gets easier because I really do find myself thinking about sugary sweets WAY TOO MUCH!



No comments:

Post a Comment