Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 3 - Morning musings

Well the power nap did a number on my sleep.  I went to bed at 10.  Yes, actually went to bed at 10 pm, no lights, music or TV.  I slept great until 2ish.  After that it was a ton of tossing and turning and literally waking up every hour on the hour.  :(  However, I must say that I feel fine this morning.  I'm not sleepy and I feel like getting up.  However, I slept until 7 which gave me more than 8 hours.  This is only because I forgot that I had silenced my 6 am alarm for the weekends.  :)

Now on to the good things about this morning!  (1) I am alive, up and breathing!  Hallelujah!  That's the best way to start holy week.  (2) I feel lighter. This is not the same feeling as bloated vs not bloated.  I am starting my official 3rd full day of no sugar and I truly feel lighter.  I wasn't going to do this but I did it any way - I hopped on the scale before my shower AND yes there is a reason for feeling lighter.  It actually said 189 lbs.  Yep, I know 3 pounds in two days is alot but I can assure you this is just from the shock that my body is going thru.  I will make history if this keeps up.  :)  But alas I am of realistic mind and know that it won't.  But I won't lie and tell you I wish it would.

My walking yesterday was good but I only managed to get in 8,600ish steps.  My knee and toe kept me from doing any more than that.  For those of you who don't know me, don't ask.  The knee is one of the issues that I am hoping that the no sugar, weight loss and exercise is going to help and maybe even fix.  We can dream can't we????

Now for the real part of this blog, I started my day off with oatmeal (NO SUGAR), 1/2 unsweetened almond milk and black coffee.  Today, the coffee is too strong.  Not sure how I did this as I think I put the same amount in the coffee pot.  :(  The oatmeal was not horrible.  I used to put at least 2 tbsps of brown sugar on it.  Now that I think about it, I also put milk on my oatmeal.  It's a real wonder I didn't keel over from too much sugar.  My poor poor body.

Oh well, I'm off to a good start today.  Oh and I've noticed that I haven't had any bread.  I'm not "cutting" it out of my diet but it hasn't come up in any of the recipes.  Hmmm, wonder why that is.  (Sarcastic moment there)  I know that wheat (in any form) is another major culprit in my diet.  I learned this from my gluten free stint.  I've never been a big bread eater so that's why I knew sugar was the next major thing to get rid of.

1 comment:

  1. This is all so interesting to me. Keep up the blogging. I'm proud of you and wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete